For Immediate Release
Johnson Ferry Road at Wright Road Closed May 3
Repairs to Sinkhole Will Take Two Days
Release Date: 5/2/2006
Johnson Ferry Road will be closed at Wright Road for two days beginning May 3rd, from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., to repair a sinkhole. The repairs should be complete May 4, 2006.
The damage occurred next to a sewer line. The City of Sandy Springs Public Works Department will be conducting a review of the case to determine the cause.
“We want to minimize the downtime of this busy area. If we can get the work completed faster and open the road sooner, we will,” said City Manager John McDonough. “We realize this is an important project, and we’re doing everything we can to get the work done in a timely fashion while also minimizing the impact on those who travel these roads.”
The detour is as follows (southbound):
- Johnson Ferry Rd, NE to Long Island Drive to Long Island Place, NW
- To Bonnie Lane to Angus Trail, NE
- To Ferry Drive, NE back to Johnson Ferry Rd, NE
- Johnson Ferry Rd, NE to Ferry Drive, NE
- To Angus Trail, NE to Bonnie Lane
- To Long Island Place, NW to Long Island Drive back to Johnson Ferry Rd, NE
Neo Chua, the City’s roads manager and Blount Construction Company will be spearheading the project. For more information or answers to questions, please call Mr. Chua at 404-867-7705 or the Citizen Response Center at 770-730-5600.